The Techstringy Podcast
There is always a lifecycle when it comes to data, it is created, it is used and then when it has served its production purpose there is the question of “what do we do with it now?” this is true, not just for the data itself, but also for the data repositories we have in our business, storage arrays, laptops, mobile devices, USB sticks anywhere we hold data we need to think about how do we erase the data when we are finished with it.
That is the subject of this week's show as I'm joined by Paul Katzoff, CEO of WhiteCanyon Software a company specialising in the secure erasure of data. Paul is a CEO who has truly experienced all areas of his business, starting in Tech Support and working his way through the company to the point of his role today. Because of that, he brings a great perspective to understanding the challenge and the things you need to consider when you include erasure as part of your data strategy.
Join us as we discuss:
- While erasure is not new the challenge continues to evolve.
- How do I verify erasure?
- The issues in “physical destruction”.
- Compatibility and standards.
- The evolving challenge of data erasure.
- “Consumer” tech and enterprise data.
- Data erasure is not just a technology problem.
- Plan for your data's lifecycle.
- How is the tech evolving?
- Tips for your data erasure strategy at scale
- Should I do it myself?