Use A Hard Drive Eraser To Completely Clean Your Computer
Identity theft is America's fastest growing crime.
One in four households has been victimized in the last five years. Most victims do not use a hard drive eraser and are unaware that deleting a file or formatting a hard drive does not erase personal data.
A recent study of 129 old hard drives that had not been wiped by a hard drive eraser revealed more than 5,000 credit card numbers, medical correspondences, love letters, pornography, bank account information, and other confidential data.
Because Windows only deletes file records, not file contents, deleted files exist on the free space of your hard drive unless overwritten by a hard drive eraser or other data.
As a result, hundreds of data recovery programs and free utilities available on the Internet can access these files until they are permanently deleted by a hard drive eraser.
Don't Risk Giving Away Your Personal Information.
A hard drive eraser protects you by removing hard drive data permanently and securely. WipeDrive is the perfect hard drive eraser for those who need to erase all types of sensitive hard drive data. WipeDrive hard drive eraser will wipe your hard drive completely clean and protect you against identity theft.
Use A Hard Drive Eraser To:
- Clean personal data with a hard drive eraser before selling or donating a computer
- Completely erase a damaged operating system with possible hidden viruses and spyware
- Remove information with a hard drive eraser before returning a computer to an employer
- Erase data with a hard drive eraser in compliance with privacy acts (including HIPAA)
Department Of Defense Approved Hard Drive Eraser
Because your hard drive is filled with personal information, the US Department of Defense created a standard for hard drive erasers known as the DoD 5220.22-M standard. WipeDrive is listed by the Department of Defense as one of only five approved hard drive erasers in the world. That's why WipeDrive is the hard drive eraser of choice for major Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and users all over the world.
Your policy must include secure document retirement which ensures that both discarded paper documents and deleted electronic files are rendered unrecoverable.
Non-compliant institutions can have their FDIC insurance terminated and can be held liable with fines of up to $1 million.
To protect both yourself and your company, WipeDrive is a hard drive eraser that is compliant with the:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLB Act)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- The Patriot Act
- Identity Theft and Assumption Deterrence Act
WipeDrive combines the most advanced technology available in a hard drive eraser with an easy-to-use product designed for users of all levels.
To run WipeDrive, just insert the WipeDrive disk and restart your computer. WipeDrive will automatically display prompts to guide you through the data removal process.
- Wipes OS, program files, and all file data
- Wipes all partition tables and drive formats (FAT 16, FAT 32, NTFS, and Linux)
- Erases and overwrites data beyond recovery
- Removes data in compliance with Internet privacy acts (including HIPAA)
- Erases data at or above the US Department of Defense 5220.22-M standard
- Runs even if the OS isn't working or stable
- Boots directly from a CD or USB drive
- Supports any size hard drive
- Verifies that all data has been removed
- Creates a verifiable log file
- Logs bad sectors
- Allows users to view individual sectors