How To Format C Drive
How Do I Format the C Drive?
Step 1: Erase All C Drive Data With WipeDrive
A simple C drive format will not erase hard drive data!
Most people are unaware that deleted files can be recovered even after a format of the C drive. A recent study of 129 old hard drives (many of them formatted) revealed more than 5,000 credit card numbers, medical correspondences, love letters, bank account information, and other confidential data.
Identity theft is America's fastest growing crime and your computer may be putting you at risk.
Use WipeDrive Before You Format.
WipeDrive is a US Department of Defense-approved data removal tool. That's why major Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and millions of computer users around the world use WipeDrive to permanently erase and format C drive data. WipeDrive will erase your hard drive with multiple overwrites of random characters at the DoD specified level.
WipeDrive is the perfect solution for those who need to:
- Format hard drive on different operating systems.
- Format disk drives (floppies, zip, memory card, etc.)
- Erase & reformat.
- Format C drive
Step 2: Format The C Drive And Reinstall
After wiping your computer clean, you'll need to partition and format the C drive.
Windows Xp And Later:
- Format C drive data by inserting the Windows installation disk and restart
- The computer will automatically boot from the CD
- Simply follow the prompts to format the C drive and reinstall Windows