Delete Temporary Internet File
How do I permanently delete a temporary Internet file?
Your computer stores information every time you surf the Internet. Specifically, this information is stored when you view a web page, order something online, do some online banking, access your e-mail, or even send e-mail.
Your computer stores these temporary internet files to help the computer speed up the common tasks you perform. Unfortunately, your information might be exposed. If a virus, Trojan horse, hacker, or strange pop-up/web site notices this on the computer, your private information can be stolen. Take the right measures to protect your digital information.
There are software tools that help you delete temporary internet files and personal data. You should make it a practice to delete temporary internet files on a regularly basis - either manually or with a helpful software program, such as SecureClean. SecureClean helps you safely remove this information and will ensure that all your sensitive information is permanently removed.
Yes, there is a way to delete temporary internet files manually. However, this process does not ensure all of the information is permanently removed. Using a government approved cleaning utility, like SecureClean is the only way completely rid your computer of temporary internet file data.
To Delete Temporary Internet Files for Internet Explorer 5 and Above:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the "Tools" menu.
- In the "Tools" menu, click on "Internet Options".
- In "Internet Options", go to the "General" Tab. There are two buttons located in the middle. One is "Delete Files" and the other is "Delete Cookies".
- Click "Delete Files" to delete temporary internet files. You may have to wait for the hourglass.
Tip: You may want to check the box that says "Delete Offline Content" to delete your offline web pages.
- Click the "OK" button when you receive the confirmation box.
- Next, click the "Delete Cookies" button. This removes your internet cookie files.
Click "OK" on this confirmation box as well.
Note: If you want to remove the internet history (which contains a list of web pages you have recently seen), you can click on the "Clear History" button located in the "General" Tab in the "Internet Options" window.
If your version of Windows is 98 or higher, you can delete temporary internet files by using the "Disk Cleanup" tool. To access the "Disk Cleanup" tool follow these steps.
- Click on the "Start" button.
- Go to the "Programs" menu and then to the "Accessories" menu.
- In the "Accessories" menu go to "System Tools".
- In "System Tools", click on the "Disk Cleanup" option.
- A "Wizard" will appear. Select the correct drive (normally its the C: drive)
- Check the boxes on the left side and click "OK"
To Delete Temporary Internet Files for Netscape:
- Open Netscape, then select the "Edit" menu.
- In this menu, select the "Preferences" option.
- Under the "Category" section, open the "Advanced" option.
- Now select the "Cache" option.
- Here you can select the memory size for the cache and its location.
- On this box you can click the "Clear Memory Cache" and "Clear Disk Cache" buttons.
The safest way to remove your personal information and delete temporary Internet files is to use an approved software tool, like SecureClean. Leaving these files that store your personal information can make you a target for crimes like identity theft. Each day brings news of more viruses, Trojan horses, and worms that can obtain your confidential information and wreak havoc on you and your computer.
Problem - Windows often stores unneeded traces of your personal information, including passwords, credit card numbers, and previously deleted data and e-mail, all without you even knowing it!
Solution - SecureClean isolates and cleans your hard drive of this unneeded information, making it impossible for cyber-criminals to steal your data. Don't just rely on your firewall and anti-virus to protect you, make SecureClean your second line of defense. Because, what isn't there can't be stolen!
SecureClean helps you permanently clean hard drive data and delete temporary internet files within Windows. It was specifically created to help you:
- Find and clean the hard drive of past web surfing history.
- Clean your hard drive of unneeded traces of personal information left on your computer.
- Clean hard drive data to improve system performance.
- Safely and reliably reclaim wasted disk space.
- Protect you and your family from identity theft.
If you are getting rid of your computer, or want to clean everything off your computer, including your operating system, then check out WipeDrive.