Delete Cookie Files
How do I delete cookie files?
Below you will find instructions for each browser to delete the cookies
Be aware that when you delete cookies through these methods, they are not actually gone. To permanently delete them, you will want to use SecureClean.
How to Delete Cookie Files in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the small gear icon in the top right corner
- In the menu options, click "Internet options"
- The Internet Options pop-up window will appear
- Click the button labled "Delete..."
- Another window should appear with checked boxes
- Uncheck everything except for "Cookies"
How to Delete Cookie Files in Firefox
- Open Firefox and click on the large orange button labled "Firefox"
- Hover over, but do not click, the "history" option
- A sub-menu should appear. Click on the "Clear Recent History..." Option
- In the window that appears, uncheck every option except for "Cookies" and click "Clear now"
How to Delete Cookie Files in Chrome
- Open Chrome and click on the small icon in the upper right corner, under the Exit button
- A menu should open, click on the "History" option
- A new window should open, the button labled, "Clear all browsing data"
- Unchecked everything except for "Delete cookies and other side and plug-in data"
- Click the "Clear browsing data" button
How to Delete Cookie Files in Opera
- Open Opera and click on the large button on the upper left corner labeled "Opera"
- A menu should open, click on the "Settings" option
- A sub-menu should open, click on the "Preferences" option
- A window with tabs should open. Click on the "Advanced" tab
- Click on the large "Manage Cookies..." button
- A window listing all cookies should appear. From here you can delete any cookie.
- To delete all, select the top one and hold down the delete button on your keyboard, not the one on the screen.
Simply deleting cookies and other temporary Internet files from within Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome doesn't permanently erase your data. Your files still exist and are easily accessible. What makes SecureClean different?
Identity theft has become the fastest growing crime in America and can no longer be overlooked. SecureClean uses US Department of Defense approved technology to isolate and clean sensitive data that could put your privacy at risk. Although you can manually delete cookie files yourself the information is still accesible on your hard drive until it is overwritten with a product like SecureClean.
How to Delete Cookies and Temporary Internet Files with SecureClean:
- Click on the "Clean My Computer" button at the top of the window.
- Select the "Quick Clean" button.
- Reveal the "Internet" section by clicking the "plus sign" to the left of the text. If there is a minus sign to the left of the text, the section is already revealed.
- Under the Internet section, check the "Temporary Internet Files" box and click on the "Start Clean Now" button.
SecureClean is the perfect tool for removing compromising Internet data. Delete cookies, clear temporary Internet files and clean up Windows files that slow down your PC. Protect your identity and erase temporary Internet files with SecureClean.